An effective capital markets and investor relations strategy is the bridge that connects a company’s core strengths, competitive advantages and growth potential with its reported financial performance and day-to-day operating decisions. Building this bridge involves selecting the right reporting metrics, developing key messages, identifying growth drivers and sourcing relevant research.
When these decisions are taken as part of an integrated strategic plan, the result is better awareness on the part of all financial stakeholders – from investors and analysts to brokers and bankers – of the direction that management is taking the company.
Our strategic counseling services include:
- Integrating the capital markets and investor relations plan with the overall business plan
- Selecting reporting metrics that will help to surface embedded value
- Building a message track that aligns past performance with future expectations
- Providing independent counsel specifically in terms of capital raising activities
- Evaluating investment banking term sheets, syndicates and deal structures
- Recommending appropriate investment banking alliances
- Providing strategic counsel in hostile or crisis situations
“Genoa’s strategic counsel has helped to ensure our investment story is aligned with our business plan and our growth strategy.”
Scott Balfour, Chief Financial Officer, Aecon Group Inc.